This blog is pretty much about my life, how I see things, and how I experience them. Because of that, I should give you a few facts about myself so you can tell if you care to read further:
- I’m a 24-year-old female living in Michigan
- I received my BSW from Spring Arbor University in May of 2010. I received my MSW from the University of Michigan in December of 2011.
- I work as a foster care specialist for the State of Michigan. This involves working with the children, their biological families, and their foster families.
- I have an awesome boyfriend. He is a computer geek. There seems to be some attraction between social workers and computer geeks because many relationships have existed with this compound. Either way, he’s a great guy who treats me well and I have fun with him.
- I’m living in a wonderful apartment on my own. I also live with my hamster, Reepicheep, who I’ve had since I moved.
- Consequently, I adore movies. I’ve probably seen every one you can think of. If you need a movie recommendation, let me know. You can also read my movie blog I have with my sister here.
- I also adore literature. I wanted to be a writer from the age of two until I was sixteen and switched to social work. Book recommendations are always welcome, though I have a ton of reading I’m backed up on.
- Music is my life. I sing and am working on learning guitar. I also carry my iPod with me wherever I go. You can never be without music.
- I’m a Christian and have been for a while now. I grew up in a Christian home, however in recent years I have made my faith my own.
- Finally, I love people. I’m an INFJ, but I still love to learn about people and spend time with them.