This list contains things that I could complete in a year and a half, since it took some time to put together. However, when I create my 30 before 30 list, there will be a few more difficult things.
1. Watch all of AFI’s Top 100– I am a huge movie lover, so it seems like a good idea to watch all of these classics. To see how I’m doing on this one, and how I rate each film on the list, you can go here.
2. Set up a 401 K– In October 2011, I started my 401K. One step closer to a healthy amount of cash when I retire.
3. Read all the unread books on my bookshelf– I have the tendency to buy books that seem super interesting and then not get around to reading them. This must change so I can sell some of these books…and then buy more…Reviews of each book will be posted.
4. Get my MSW– I graduated with my MSW on December 17, 2011. Now I just have to decide if I’m done with school or if I care to ever get a PhD…
5. Get to my “ideal” weight– I have been one of those that fluctuates with how I diet or lose weight. A lot of this has to do with the belief that I’d feel better about myself once I’m skinnier. This time, I feel great about myself, I just want to get healthy, so hopefully it’ll work.
6. Try dating for real– I officially have a boyfriend, and though the awkward first date wasn’t so awkward, there was awkwardness…either way, I don’t intend on doing anything closer to that before I’m 25 :0)
7. Work on scrapbooking my life– I think this would be a nice hobby to have that would provide me with nice memories of things.
8. Serve a complete meal created from scratch– This would be a fun one to do with a group of friends or something.
9. Take a wine tour– I’ve heard this is fun and I’d like to experience it.
10. Create a basic outline for a screenplay– One of the things I want to do before I die is write a screenplay. I’d at least like to get the outline done before I’m 25.
11. Have a weekend retreat at a convent– I think this would be good for my spiritual life and for resting.
12. Use a slot machine– Just for fun.
13. Ride all the rides at Disneyworld– I’m figuring this one is a wash because I didn’t want to be bothered by going to Animal Kingdom. Also, my motion sickness has gotten worse in my old age. I have failed.
14. Learn a style of dance– I’m not sure what style I want to learn yet, but I’d like to take classes to learn something.
15. Learn guitar– I own one, so I should probably get better at playing it.
16. Audition for a show in the local theater– I loved acting in high school and there is a part of me that misses it. I should at least try to get myself back out there.
17. See a show I love live– Not sure yet what I’m going to see, but something awesome.
18. Live on my own for at least a year– I’m already in my own apartment, so as long as I can complete the year, I should be good 🙂
19. Write and perform a song– Something I will obviously do AFTER learning guitar.
20. Grow something from a seed– Flowers in my apartment would be nice.
21. Bake a cake from scratch– I have never been much of a baker, but I will attempt it!
22. Research my family tree– After getting my MSW, I did a free trial of ancestry.com to find out a little more about where I came from. This one is still possibly going to happen further, but as of now I’m calling it done. After all, I made it to my great-great-grandparents…
23. Make a one minute movie– Something fun for the film geek inside me.
24. Become pen pals with a stranger– I used to do this some as a child and it would be fun to try again as an adult.
25. See a film in the theater alone– My favorite way to watch movies is alone, so that I can really get a feel for it. I have yet to do this in the theater, but maybe I should try.